The best eco-friendly office in Singapore
Located in eastern Singapore, close to the Changi International Airport, Tampines Grande comprises of 33,600 m² of commercial and office space spans over two wings of eight storeys. Dragages Singapore was appointed as the design-and-build contractor for the construction of Tampines Grande, which comprised of two eight-storey office buildings with underground carparks.
Tampines Grande was also the first building in Singapore to achieve the LEED Gold award because of numerous green innovations spearheaded by Dragages Singapore. These solutions created a cutting-edge, energy-efficient and sustainable office building which incorporated the following green features:
- Insulation, building envelope (green roofs, 150 m² of photovoltaic cells on the façade)
- Heating / ventilation / air conditioning (1,160 m² of vacuum-tube water-heating panels for solar air-conditioning, improved air quality: filtration and disinfection with cold plasma)
- Electricity (940 m² of photovoltaic solar power panels, lighting management system : light and motion detection)
- Water (rainwater recovery system for watering, independent connection to the non-potable water network to supply)
The Tampines Grande was awarded the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) Green Mark Award (Platinum) in 2008 and the LEED Gold Award in 2010, a testament to Dragages Singapore’s commitment to environmental responsibility and innovation. The design and construction of the Tampines Grande also saw the use of solar-powered air-conditioning system and a 33% improvement in efficiency as compared to regular code compliant buildings.
- Construction dates: 2007-2009
- Client: City Developments Limited
- Architect: Architects 61
- Two 8-storey buildings
- SHO: 33,600 m²
- Photovoltaïc solar power panels: 940 m²